These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Monday, April 18, 2011

Swollen lip piercing x_X

Imma be completely honest with why my left lip piercing is swollen...I recently changed my labrets to new ones! Totally cute! They're these turquoise labret that's a push-in stone with bioplast shafts (ah I cringe whenever I say shaft >.>).
During my dramatic swelling (I'm covering it up)
So anyways, when I was changing it, I was having a hard time with the left side. For some reason, I always have a problem with sticking in a new labret on the left side. Then I finally figured it out, my old scar. I had my left side pierced 3 years ago and ended up having to take it off. It healed up (with a little tiny hole scar still there) and left this bump where it used to be. I think when the piercist pierced it, she may have pierced it right next to the bump. So now when I try to stick in the labret, the bump is in the way. I have to do this magic trick of sticking it in then angling it half through to get it through all the way and slightly force it out of the end. It's horrible because I always end up bleeding a little bit >o<.

Anyways, so I ended up bleeding a little bit and after I replace my labrets, I wait a long time to replace another one so that way my lip has time to heal on the left side.

After a few days....I feel so embarrassed saying this...I was making out with my boyfriend. A few seconds into it, I noticed that my left side piercing was hurting a little bit. I continued anyways but then I really just couldn't handle it. I stopped and the next day my lip poofed to the size of when I first got it pierced. -________-;;;

I went to work and tried to stay in my cubicle, it was Friday after all and no one is ever here or comes to see me.

Worst luck ever, EVERYONE and their damn friend came to see me -________-;;

I pretty much just saw like half of my building with my swollen lips that are chapped like as if the desert resides ontop of my face.
Gah I could pass out from embarassment.

I Googled up different ways to get rid of the swollen lip fast. I was afraid that if I didnt heal it up and get rid of it fast, that it would get infected.

My one thing that helped me immensely:
~Stick a pack of ice on it (I went ghetto and took a sandwich bag, put some ice in it)
~Take antibiotics

Many sites will tell you to go to the doctor if you have an infection so they can prescribe antibiotics. And that if you have swollen lymph nodes it could be scary. Which I had A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE so I was damn scared.
Luckily for me, I went to the dentist to pull out my wisdom teeth like a couple of months ago and still ahd three pills of antibiotics left from it.
I took one later that day when I went home. One the next morning and another this morning.
After a day, the swelling went down dramatically. I was pretty amazed.
The next, it was almost gone! Lymph node still swollen.
And today, it's like it doesn't exist!!! Swollen lymph node is not swollen! Yahoo!!
I healed just in time, I have classes today and it wouldve been horrible to go swollen >.<
(P.S. I also constantly cleaned my piercing with contact solution. At least twice a day and after I eat)

OMG, if you ever get an infection go for antibiotics! I only took three, one a day and its gone in three days. It's pretty damn amazing. I should've known about this when I got it first pierced! It probably would've healed faster lol

No comments:

Post a Comment