These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Monday, February 7, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

I'm teething XO

It felt so horrible!

My cheek felt swollen on the inside and it hurt to eat, so I realized that it's probably my wisdom teeth finally coming in!

I've heard a lot of horror stories about these damned teeth and they were never a good thing!

What sucks is that since I'm a temporary employee, I don't have dental insurance so I'm hoping it won't cost to much. I used to when I lived with my mom but then my stepdad got laid off and they took off the insurance and when he got hired back, she got the insurance back but not for me since I didn't live with her anymore -_____-;;

I called around and so far I kept getting estimates to around $200 for extractions!
Then you gotta add on x-ray and examination costs! What I didn't know, was that they also give you prescription drugs that you have to go and get. So that's a lot more money.

I found a place that was cheap and I was very skeptical about it but went anyways because they only charged $125 for it.

It was a small building in the back of a big center plaza with a college in it.

I went in and kids were running around. The receptionist was way nice and she told me to fill out paperwork.

I got my examination, and they told me that it will be difficult ot remove so it will cost more.

It was going to cost $250 but they weren't going to charge for the x-ray or examination so that's good.

I paid the $250 because other places would've charged me to almost $300.

It was a dentist place where they treated a lot of patients who don't have insurance because they even had payment plan options.

 The dentist was nice and explained everything.

She took about the whole hour to try to dig out the tooth, I knew it was going to be a difficult one because I saw how it was embedded inside my gums too so I wasn't surprised at all. I did end up drinking a lot of blood though :O It kinda just slipped into my throat and the lady couldn't suck it all up in time. There was even blood splashing all over the dentists face, she looked like she came straight out of a horror movie o.o

After a long hour of trying to dig it out and drilling it out, she finally was able to yank it. Thank goodness for numbing solutions! She stitched me up with string that dissolves over time by itself. I was given a paper that told me what drugs to get. And what also sucked was that one of my PTFE labrets fell off in the process and I think the assistant sucked it up along with my blood...and she acted like she didn't notice when I asked her if she knew what happened to it....which is dumb because the back of it isn't a small object, it's pretty big and noticeable. And then I was off.

What surprised at how much the drugs cost at Walgreens. It was almost to $70! I should've tried Walmart. And I wish I knew that one of the drugs were Ibuprofen because I wouldn't have gotten that one! XO

Well that's my pointless rant/experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment