These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My Go-To Eyeliner!

I'm sorry I rarely keep up with this blog. Busy life. I thought school would really free up my time! But instead, after I converted to a career position in my intern job, I've been so busy! And the times I'm free, I'm either playing video games or aimlessly, mindlessly watching tv (I don't even know what I'm watching half the time! Like my brain turned off for awhile). Boy, time sure does fly so fast!!

So this post is to brag about how I found my go to eyeliner now!! I love it!
A little bit about me. I've been trying to find my go to eyeliner that is not that expensive, can create thin lines, is truly waterproof, applies very dark and is smudge proof. Why this is hard for me: my skin is freaking oily and my eyes water like crazy! My eyelids get crazy oily by the end of the day (so does my face). I love to laugh, I'm around funny people and so when I laugh, my eyes tear up a bit, to where the tears chill in the corners of my eyes. I also have always had a problem with eyeliner smudging and migrating into my eyelid crease, probably due to oils and the watery eyes do not help. And recently, for the past year...I've been into think upper eyeliner lines! I've already found my go-to pencil liner, but with these, you can't achieve thin lines...at least I can't. (My go to eyeliner pencil in Covergirl Exact Eyelights in Vibrant Pearl!!)

With all that, I've been searching for a liquid liner for thinner lines. I've tried gel liners and they were really nice, goes on smooth and didn't smudge too bad and was waterproof...but...it's not that dark and doesn't give you that super precise crisp line like a liquid one does.





Products I've used so far that's worked with my oily skin and watery eyes:
~Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Eggplant (isn't as dark as the picture, I layer this ontop of black gel liner)
~Rimmel Gel Liner in Black (my go to gel liner!)
~Covergirl Exact Eyelights in Vibrant Pearl (retractable pencil liner)

Products I've tried that failed:
~L'Oreal Telescopic Precision Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black (This was TOO WATERY. It was so watery that it would be transparent so I'd have to layer it BUT if you let it dry, then you start peeling off the dried liner when you apply another layer!! It was horrible. It makes good lines though and easy to remove with makeup wipes. I also was very waterproof and smudge proof. I just hated the application. Also, it keeps too much product onto the pen because the opening is wide.)
~L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara in Black (I know I've been talking about eyeliners but I had to add this in because this was one of the worse mascaras I've used!! Keeps WAY TOO MUCH product on the brush. I try swiping it on the edge of the bottle but it gets messy! I just chucked it. I won't be using the Telescopic line anymore!)
~And other products that I can't remember because once I discovered the Exact Eyelights Eyeliner, that's the only one I buy. The gel liners, I've had since I bought and have only recently started to experiment again. (And thank goodness I got the Telescopic line from Big Lots for around $3, I didn't waste too much money.)

Well! Now onto the product! This is the Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner:

It's a felt tip eyeliner. Here's pics of my eyes at the end of my usual work day! You can see how oily my lids are and a bit of my face. It stayed completely precise with no smudging! The only thing that changed was that in the morning, I had a bit more winged eyeliner. Nothing too crazy, just a slight wing which faded and got messed up from tears (from lots of laughter). It was no big deal to me, just wiped it off. But that's one thing to look for by the end of the day, whether your wings got messed up!





I wish I thought of taking pics in the morning so I can do a before and after but I didn't think of doing this post until the end of the day. I did take a mid-day pic, which is down below. You can the wings I usually do. I don't do very dramatic makeup. I'm a lazy and simple girl. Eyeliner and that's it. If I have time and am in the mood, I'll put on mascara. If it's a special occasion, I'll add eye shadow. The only difference between the morning and mid-day is that my eyelids are much more "matte", you can see the oils starting to build up half way through the day because of the slight shine but does not have oil build up as intense as end of day shots.





I can't be the only one with extra oily skin and problems with eyeliner that feels like it took years for a company to develop an eyeliner I can MOSTLY rely on! So I hope this helps someone else with the same issues as me.


No comments:

Post a Comment