These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Vidal Sassoon London Lilac!

It's been way too long since my last post about my hair, since my red hair after using Loreal HiLights/HiColor red or magenta hair dye, I switched to Vidal Sassoon London Lilac!! I was tired of the upkeep of the red, you have to retouch it every 2 weeks or so and that stuff bleeds everywhere! I knew this before I dyed my hair but after awhile...well, I'm a low maintenance kind of gal.
I'm in love with the London Lilac hair dye though! The dye does fade but it is not as drastic as the red and lasts a lot longer. I've also tried the Deep Violet color in the same line and it's a bit of a darker purple color, pretty much almost an unnoticeable difference but I just keep sticking with the London Lilac.
I used this right after my red hair started fading so at first, it was like a burgundy color. Then after that, it was a consistent dark purple color. I love it because it's a nice color that looks good in all lighting. Inside your house, it'll be dark so not too noticeable, then outside it's like a screaming violet color with red tones, and under fluorescent lighting, it's a nice stand-out purple. I also bleached my hair in between to see if it would be more noticeable and to be honest...wasn't that crazy different. I bleached it to a dark dirty blonde. You can see the difference between my new growth hair and the dyed part but no so much right after you dye it. It's brighter but you can't see the difference until the color starts to fade out.
This box also covered all of my hair, I definitely use all of it but I'm able to use it throughout my whole hair. But there's no extra saturation, I know some people like to top off hair dye at the end. My tips for making it through all of your hair is to do ends first (since roots dye faster), comb your hair at the end on each section (I know some people advise not to do it because of breakage), this helps spread the dye throughout your hair and makes sure its even, do sections for sure, if you try to do your hair in one huge section, you will miss the "inside" of your hair!! I also help keep it last longer by washing my hair in warm water rather than scalding hot lie I used to and then after I condition, I rinse in cold water. I am not able to wash my hair in cold water! This dye also isn't too drying to my hair! I've used some hair dyes that made my hair feel like I played with fire!

So here's some pics to show you how it went and a few more times after I used it and when it started fading (I think pics of how it fades is useful! And note, I still have some red undertones, not too sure if it's from the L'Oreal HiColor Red dye or it's just the undertones of my hair since I do have natural red undertones):

The dyes I used (I only used the Deep Velvet Violet once! There's not really a big difference between the colors!):

Here's a timeline of my hair:


 ==>  
From faded L'Oreal HiColor Red to Vidal Sasoon London Lilac!
 
 ==>
The Vidal Sasoon fades a lot more gracefully than L'Oreal dyes!
 
 
   &
After another dye session, a lot more purple and the fade is less noticeable
 
  &
After my last dye job. Really violet in the sun. Still really noticeable in fluorescent light.

And then the fade (in the sun and then fluorescent), it still looks good, it's not the nasty orange color I got after L'Oreal HiColor!
  &
 
 
 My next adventure hair dye experiment will be with Vidal Sassoon Salonist, Deep Violet for the upper half of my hair and  Schwarzkopf Red for the lower half of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment