These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Friday, September 5, 2014

Nail Art Binge

I'm not sure how I even got started with getting back into doing my nails! And when I mean, "do my nails", I mean more than just painting them one color. I think it was because I started to actually paint my nails again that the binging started. I also saw on eBay, all of the cool nail art stickers that you can buy. Simple, easy, fun! I can do stickers, much less work than the damn nail stamps. Here are some of my nail art, that I've been proud enough to take pictures of...and remembered to take pics of.

Sailor Moon inspired! Well Sailor Jupiter to be exact! I've been obsessing over Sailor Moon again! And got this idea from one of the sticker sheets I bought off of eBay. I only used two stickers, on the thumb and pinky, but they're roses with lace designs and a couple of little gold rhinestones. The green nail polish, by Nika K that I got off Groupon that came in a set of 5 nail polishes. These nail polishes are the best I have in my collection. I haven't tried Essie or any other expensive nail polish. I usually get Wet n' Wild, which is pretty transparent in all colors, so multiple layers are definitely needed. I have some various ones like NYC, Sally Hansen and a couple others that I don't remember. I bought the set because it was cheap on Groupon and I read good reviews on them and they are really worth it! Cheaper than Essie and OPI...but probably only with the deal (which came with Red, Blue, Green, Silver Glitter, and a speedy Top Coat!!). I also super glued a bow, which came off after a few days since I tried to glue it ontop of the nail polish.




This one is Sinful Colors nail polish, can't remember the color name but I love it! This is a more thicker nail polish, which some people can see as good, but for me...thick is good just so the color is more solid than transparent when put on but when you apply it, it's more difficult, messy and you have to apply it right and smooth the first time. I also used stickers from eBay on these and the same type of bow as the picture above. This time around, I glued the bow to my nail first with super glue then let it dry, applied more super glue around the glued area, let it dry and then painted the nail carefully not to paint the bow. The bow stayed on forever. I also decided that gluing the bow on any of the other fingers is not a good idea, since it's hard to do things like shampoo your hair and it gets caught on everything. So the thumb is better and more towards your cuticles helps with not getting the bow caught on anything. The bows stayed on my nail until I purposefully took them off.



This one is Maybelline color Show in Sky Blue Metallic (?), can't remember if that's the actual name or not. I love this color. My favorite color is blue and light blue is preferred. This is like a Frosty Blue, reminds me of the movie Frozen and Cinderella! This one is more plain than the others since I only did the blue paint and painted the tips with the Nika K Silver Glitter polish I have. Beautiful winter combination!! I also painted my middle finger all silver glitter. I think the way it is pictured below reminds me more of the movie Frozen than Cinderella, but I realized, if I add a pink bow to my thumb, it would turn into Cinderella nails...weird rant and weird how a single pink bow can change a whole theme of nails...well, if you think like me. Note to self though, use more than one coat of base coat, the blue stained my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment