These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hate Junk E-mails?

Do you hate junk mail?
I keep getting about 30-40 junk e-mails a day!
It's outrageous and so annoying to sort through them from possible safe mail.
I've finally found a way to not even recieve these e-mails.
I got so tired of just simply blocking e-mails.
So this is how you get rid of the most common e-mails. To just simply stop recieving them:

1. When you're in your Hotmail inbox, underneath your username on the right hand top side of your screen, there's an "options" tab right next to a question mark button and above the ad.
2. Click the arrow button.
3. And choose "More options".
4. From there on, choose "Rules for sorting new messages". Open that in a new tab or window.
5. Now you can either use the list I composed or if you were a dedicated blocker like I was and would like to compose your own list of blocks then go back to your previous options page and choose "Safe and Blocked Senders".
6. If you choose to use the Safe and Blocked Senders list. What I did was scroll down all of the emails that I've blocked and chose common words in the sender's e-mails' domain like the words below to block.
7.So anyways, click on the "New button".
8. You will be creating rules for incoming messages. Here, you can just delete incoming messages with different filters like by the words that are in the sender's address or words in a subject.
9. By default, it would say "Sender's address" and then "is".
10. On the "is" drop down box, choose "contains words".
11. In the next box, type in or copy and paste the words below.
*You have to do it one at a time for each word. You get used to doing it so it goes by quickly. :] But trust me, you'll love your more cleaner junk box.
12. Then after you enter a word, choose the option "Delete these messages".
13. Clcik "Done."
14. It'll take you back to the previous page and now you can see your new rule.

Usually when you get emails with some of these words, they don't include the words in my list in their email address. And if you're still in doubt about some words then you can always delete them later. :]

What's also helpful is creating different e-mail addresses for different purposes.
I created one for junk e-mails and signing up for stuff. It's a given that when you sign up for some things on the internet, they lead to junk e-mails for some reason. So I have one for specifically that. If I sign up to get newsletters or a coupon website or fast food clubs, etc.
Another one is for business purposes. To send resumes and to recieve e-mails from professional business.
One for social and general e-mail. :]

Also remember to make your password long and complicated. If it's hard for you to think of something try using 1337 speak. Or replace certain letters with numbers like "1l0v34n1m3" instead of just "iloveanime".

Happy filtering!



Here is a list of common $exbot names and junk email domains:
*I will add more to this list as I go on


Keywords :

medassistancelearning
parkwaystrategy
lowforumregistry
onlinelearningedu
approvals
arthritis
ashley
benaughty
bra
call
electroniccigarette
emma
foreclosures
gmontoya
jessica
kelly
language
mature_singles
pwp
regalert
reglan
reservations
scoresl
steak
tree
davison
email
greenroomshackseason
barb
vindale
vine
pets
car
chantix
clear
flirt
helpn
life
jenny
local
offer
bank

K, so I have also done "Subject" "contains word" with these words:
*I did these because I have no loans, don't want any, didn't sign up for Horoscopes, etc. use the ones you need :]

Keywords :

Olivia
Horoscopes
CreditScoreCenter
Credit
Cigarette
Cruises
Classmate
Satellite
Airline
Melissa
Flirt
Loan
Singles
Social Security
Grant
Grants
Jenny
Reglan
Warranty
Survey


**Update - Sometimes, for some odd reason, there are straggler emails that dont get filtered o.o

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for such a helpful post, I am SO sick of deleting 40++ messages in junk everyday.....yes, I sweep and block, but they keep on coming, it is so annoying. Lets hope this will make a big difference, thanks,
    Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I'm glad I helped! I hope it works for you! It works mostly for me but sometimes you get those few stragglers haha

    ReplyDelete