These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Monday, June 10, 2013

Feria Power Reds Intense Deep Auburn R48


/

I DO NOT recommend this hair dye. Flat out, straight and forward, not a good dye at all and most reviewers out there agree. Which is why it got a 1 rose rating.
I know that your hair color will never turn out like the box, since my hair is naturally black, it's always darker, and I'm ok with that, I like my colors dark...but this hair dye....ugh.
For the past 2 years or so, I've been obsessed with dying my hair, and that obsession involved reds. I wanted to dye my hair something noticeable but nothing too outrageous. Weird coming from someone who used to bleach half her hair and dye it bright colors like hot pink and cotton candy blue or stick in different colored extensions. Anyways, since I've been obsessed with trying out different colored of reds in my hair, I've tried a lot of different brands and colors. Every single dye have dyed my hair to somewhat close to the box or a bit darker.
This dye, was the worst I've ever tried. It does not even look close. It's a dark, blood, cherry black color. You can't even notice the red until the sun hits it.

Background (before the dye):
My hair is naturally black, I've been dying it red for quite some time. The last dye I tried had amazing results but was not lasting at all, everyday I would see the dye come out and with other dyes I've tried, it would seep out for a week and afterwards, would be fine. This was the Garnier for darker hair with oils (not the one in my review section). I will not try that again either. So, before I dyed my hair, my hair has been faded from different tones of red (lighter by my roots, darker hair overall and lighter at my tips, the tones are due to my bleaching a long time ago and then having them grow out and trimming my hair). After the Garnier faded, my hair was a light brown to black and so I thought that it was time for a change. I actually really liked my hair before this dye job, it was red in the sun but brown and black otherwise so why I dyed my hair, I don't know. Actually, I do. Because I'm dumb. Because of the different colors in my hair or tones, everytime I dye it, regardless of which dye, it comes out with the different tones of the color...if that made any sense. It will all dye red but some parts will dye darker than others. This Feria dye, dyed my hair all ONE color, so that's weird.

During the dye:
The dye process was normal except for the many components to this dye. Most home box dyes has a big developer bottle with developer creme in it, the dye in a tinted bottle, directions, gloves, and a conditioner for afterwards (and maybe a small tube of oil). This one includes the developer bottle with cream in it, a dye in a tinted bottle, a tube of red dye, oils, shampoo tube, conditioner tube, gloves and instructions. In the box, it tells you to mix evrything in to achieve the color in the box, EVERYTHING. This made me think that the other reviewers who were unhappy, did not put EVERYTHING in and mix it. So this box comes with two dyes, a brown one and a red one. The brown one looks normal, brown, liquidy, looks like brown hair dye. Sign #1, why would a red hair dye contain this much brown hair dye, that's odd. Sign #2, why are they seperated, I don't know but the dyes that worked for me was already mixed and even though it isn't hard to put all of these ingredients in, I thought it was so the red could be super strong. I put in the oils last and shook it like no tomorrow. Started applying dye in my hair, and let me tell you, after 5 min, this dye burned my nose hairs and my eyes. I was literally crying the whole time and the fan was on. I've never gotten so teary-eyed before this dye, that's how strong it is. It was like any other home box dye, messy but I did it.

After the dye: I checked my hair numerous times and decided to keep going for another hour. My hair looked like it did not change to any form of red at all. After I followed the directions to take out the dye (can't remember if I had to shampoo or not), and then conditioned and rinsed, I waited for my hair to dry naturally to see the results. This turned my hair to almost black. Like an intense deep red black...all in one color. Since my hair has many different tones, I can't see why it did this. But it literally looked like it was black with a slight red undertone rather than a bright red like the box or any type of noticeable red. My hair did feel soft after the dye, probably due to the conditioner. The conditioner smelled pretty good BUT a warning, it has glitter in it. When it says "Shimmer Conditioner", it means it. It's shimmer conditioner due to the glitter in it, not because it's a conditioner that makes your hair super shiny (it gives it some shine but nothing completely amazing). So even when you rinse out this conditioner for many, many minutes at a time, the glitter will stick to your hair. And when it's dry, expect the glitter to rub on everything and fall everywhere. It's like I had shiny dandruff. I would only recommend this conditioner if you were going to go out clubbing or if you wanted your hair to feel extra special, but I would not like this conditioner on before going to a gym.

Conclusion: Never will buy this dye again. I don't know how they dispensed this dye without testing out their formula first, or if they did, why they thought this passed the coloring test but I would not recommend this dye.

*UPDATE* It's been a couple of months since I dyed my hair with this. It's been fading rather quickly. Every single day, I've had the dye come out for a month straight. Now, it looks like a nice medium red, but I couldn't wear any color but black for shirts, for a long time. I don't want to go through that again, for these results. I would like my hair to dye how I want it the first time rather than wait a couple of months for somewhat good results.

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to use it, will tell you how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should def update me! I hope they improve the formula.

    ReplyDelete