These icons aren't ads! These are easy ways to help people and animals around the world! I personally go to the Animal Rescue Site to click their button daily to donate. I'll play Free Rice whenever I can and make small donations to WFP whenever I am able to.
The Animal Rescue Site Fight World Hunger Help end child hunger

Friday, November 12, 2010

Snakebite piercings!!

I just got my snakebite piercings done! And oh my is it hard to eat with lol
I've had one lip piercing done before and I had to take it out but with just one, I could eat with one side. Although it messed up my smile for a very long time (I move mostly one side of my mouth and smile to one side lol)



Just so you can get an idea of what you will need after you get the piercings. I suggest you get these items first.

Things you need after you get a lip piercings:
-Sea salt or saline solution $3-$5
-Lots of Q-tips $2
-Ice $Free (unless you gotta buy trays then $1)
-Apsirin if you want $4
-Unscented lotion $5
-Alcohol-free mouthwash $5

♥ My snakebites were 60 dollars. Of course all piercing studios vary in price.

Did the snakebites hurt? Hmm it did but it wasn't that bad. It was a quick pain that just went away after a while.

♥ You can't smoke, eat, or drink for the next 3 hours or so. Which is okay because I don't smoke or drink lol but the eating...well I ate after like an hour and half...even though you aren't supposed to...nothing went wrong with it either.

♥ You clean it with either sea salt water, or simply saline solution. Which is what I did since it's very cheap to buy a big bottle of contact sline solution.

Don't clean it too often other wise it will dry out and in some cases irritate it.

♥ I hate, hate HATE the crusties that you will get, so I clean about 3-5 times a day and if I need to clean it more than that, I do it with unscented lotion, so that way it doesn't dry out from over cleaning.

Your lips dry out soooo much but you can use unscented lotion for it.

♥ Get UNSCENTED lotion because the scented ones can irritate your wound.

Swish around some ALCOHOL-FREE mouthwash at least twice a day. You need alcohol-free mouthwash because alcohol can be too harsh and it'll kill all bacteria in your mouth. You need your own bacteria to survive (the ones that live in your mouth that helps keep the bad bacteria under control.)

♥ My lip was swollen for about a week, now it's all better but still getting kinda dry.

Chew on some little ice chips and take some aspirin to keep the pain and swelling down. I've also put in clean spoons in the freezer and put it on my lip after it gets cold. It really, really helps the swelling go down faster. It also helps if you get it in the winter time lol the cold here helped the swelling go down so fast.

♥ I've heard if you do warm salt water soaks, it can help a lot.
I always take a shower in really hot water so I think that's a soak enough, but don't let your piercing hit direct water from the shower. After the shower I see some pus and junk come out (sounds gross XD) and I clean it up right away. I like how that happens because it feels like it's cleaning everything inside the hole.

Be very careful when eating. The back of the labrets (the circle flat part) sometimes get caught on my teeth, so don't open your mouth too wide otherwise that'll happen.

Try not to play with the piercing in your mouth to much, like rubbing it against your gums or teeth. It'll mess up your teeth, gums, AND piercing.

Rip/tear or cut your food into small pieces to make it easier for you to eat. It takes me like half an hour to eat lol but look on the bright side: The slower you eat, the more you feel full and the smaller portions you eat help that too. You'll probably lose some weight lol I kinda did.

♥ Remember to not touch your peircing with unwashed hands.

♥ If it starts to hurt really bad, gets extremely red, or pusses crazily, you NEED TO GO SEE A DOCTOR. DO NOT TAKE OUT THE JEWELRY. I don't give a damn about how muc hit hurts, your jewelry is a gateway for your wound to drain out. If you take it out then there is no way for your infection to flow out. Doctors will have to surgerically drain it out, too much trouble and more pain than just leaving it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment